Happy Valentine’s Day! Love is in the air, isn’t it? Well even if you aren’t the most romantic person, there are many things to love about mountain living. Especially in Grand County.
The Valentine Day holiday compelled me to compile a TOP TEN list of things to love about Grand County living:
- The beautiful water. Gorgeous lakes, rivers, reservoirs and waterfalls are everywhere you turn. From water sports to relaxing views, our water sources are unmatched anywhere in the state. Just take a look at Grand Lake, Shadow Mountain Lake and Lake Granby.
- The real people. We are made up of laid-back people who genuinely care about each other and our community. You never know if you’re sitting next to an average Joe or a multi-millionaire because the residents simply aren’t pretentious. That’s why it’s the Village of Grand Lake.
- The bright stars. Mountain living, without the drowning effects of city lights, allows us to see the vast sky and stars. Whether you have a telescope and like to locate constellations or just appreciate a clear sky, Grand County at night is unbelievable. Sit up top and view a true Mountain View.
- The authenticity. Grand Lake has been called the “Most Authentic Town in America” and you won’t get any argument here. From the old-fashioned boardwalk to quaint restaurants and quirky shops, we offer a totally different feel than most other Colorado mountain towns.
- The wildlife. Anyone who lives here has become accustomed to the animals that share our space. Deer, bears, moose, birds, elk – wildlife of all sizes are in our yards, streets and surrounding neighborhoods. With safety in mind, we cohabitate and respect the nature of our four-legged and feathered friends. Rocky Mountain National Park is at your door stop when you own property in Grand County.
- The investment potential. Yes, it’s my job to keep an eye on the economics of living in Grand County. But the news is good! This is an excellent time to invest in local property. It’s a sound financial investment and a solid lifestyle investment, as well.
- Summertime living. Grand Lake is famous for our explosive and exciting Fourth of July, but we celebrate the amazing Colorado weather all summer long. We host arts and craft fairs, kids events, concerts and much more as people come from around the world to experience our beautiful community.
- Rocky Mountain National Park is OUR backyard. Some people around the country have fancy landscaping; other people boast pools and grottos. No big deal, we have the breathtaking Rocky Mountain National Park. Trail Ridge Road is known for feeling like the top of the world and we are minutes away from its 415 square miles of mountain bliss.
- Winter Park Ski Resort. If this week’s Winter Carnival is any indication, our local ski resort is anything but local. It’s an international destination with fantastic skiing, luxurious and affordable lodging, and top-notch dining and entertainment. But when you live in Grand County, you can just head over in minutes, take a few runs and get back to work in time.
- It’s for everyone. Some people love fishing. Some people live for skiing. Some people can’t imagine living in the hustle-bustle of a metro area. Others want to be able to walk or bike every day. While some residents are ultra-athletes and others just adore small-town living, our community embraces every single one of us.
I’d love to hear from you if you are looking to purchase or sell a home. And as always, your referrals are appreciated.